Another excellent burger from the Bob's Burgers television show, the Chèvre Which Way But Loose Burger features bright Mediterranean flavors. Goat cheese combines with cucumbers and tomatoes for a fresh take on cheeseburgers.
Happy National Cheeseburger Day! A few years ago I had the pleasure of reviewing The Bob's Burgers Burger Book, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I was pleased to revisit the recipes developed in honor of the show using the all new The Bob's Burgers Recipe Box, a recipe box containing many of the recipes from the original book, but offered in a convenient, perfect-for-gift-giving box.
Since it's National Cheeseburger Day, of course I needed to share a burger recipe with cheese, but it's 100% not your typical cheeseburger! Today's Chèvre Which Way But Loose Burger from Season 1, Episode 4 of the show is a Mediterranean inspired creation featuring an herbed goat cheese topping studded with chopped cucumber and tomato. The flavor is reminiscent of tzatziki, making this a unique Grecian addition to your juicy beef burger.
You will likely have more of the goat cheese topping than you will need for your 4 burgers, and if you load up as much as I did on mine it will squeeze out a bit when you bite into your burger, but it's so yummy so who cares! This is a fresh take on a burger that is perfect for celebrating tomato season, and of course National Cheeseburger Day.
If you love burgers as much as I do (or know someone who does), check out the new The Bob's Burgers Recipe Box for yourself or as a gift this upcoming holiday season. It's fun, compact, and filled with delicious burger ideas for any occasion.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. I always appreciate your feedback. You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram.
Chèvre Which Way But Loose Burger
- 1 (4-ounce log) chèvre, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Scant ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 English cucumber half finely diced, half sliced (you likely won’t need the entire cucumber)
- 2 tomatoes seeded and finely diced (you likely won’t need more than one)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 Vienna rolls
- ½ red onion sliced
- Mix the chèvre, herbs, and mayo together until mixture has a soft cream cheese consistency. Mix in ¼ cup each of the diced cucumbers and tomatoes (you can add more if you want).
- Mix the garlic into the beef and form 4 patties. Season both sides with salt and pepper and cook your burgers.
- Build your burger: Bottom bun, burger, chèvre spread, sliced onion, sliced cucumber, top bun–go!
*All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.*