Find the recipe for the beloved Boma Mustard Sauce from Disney’s Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge here! It’s an amazing condiment for beef, chicken, pork, and more.
During a recent visit to Boma – Flavors of Africa at Walt Disney World’s Animal Kingdom Lodge my family absolutely fell in love with the Boma mustard, a spicy, sweet and tangy condiment served with the roasted African strip loin.
The sauce was BOMB, so flavorful and addictive. Upon returning home, I emailed Boma and asked for the recipe. They obliged, and I’m happy to say that the recreated version is just as good as the original! The recipe they shared with me made 4 cups, so I scaled it down a tad.
We served it with steak and tator tots, but it would also be exquisite with chicken, grilled or breaded and fried tenders in particular. French fries would also be excellent for dipping in the Boma mustard. Think of it as a spicy, smoky honey mustard, but WAY better. I’d be happy to slather it over just about anything. Yum!
- 3/4 ounce canned chipotles in adobo (about 2 peppers)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard (mustard powder)
- In a blender or small food processor puree the chipotle peppers and teriyaki sauce.
- Add the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
Notes & Nutrition
Amazon disclosure – We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.