Apple Cinnamon French Toast
This is the perfect recipe to make with homemade apple cinnamon loaf. It's the ultimate French toast for fall.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fruity booze, such as apple or apricot brandy, or orange liqueur
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 8 to 10 (¾-inch-thick) slices apple cinnamon loaf, preferably stale (1 loaf of this bread should yield about 11 slices at that thickness including the ends)
- Unsalted butter, as needed
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, booze, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Then gently beat in the milk to combine.
Over medium heat, melt about a tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet or griddle. Dip bread one slice at a time into the custard mixture and allow it to soak for about 30 seconds on each side. Place 2 or 3 slices of soaked bread onto the skillet (only as many pieces as will comfortably fit depending on the size you use), and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining slices, adding more butter as needed to the pan. French toast can be kept warm in a low oven.
Dust French toast with confectioners’ sugar and serve with maple syrup on the side for drizzling. Serve hot.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 332mg | Potassium: 54mg | Sugar: 14g