Ram-Don from Parasite (Jjapaguri with Steak)
The instant noodle dish from Parasite is taking the internet and the world by storm! Ram-Don (more traditionally known as jjapaguri) gets an elevated twist with seared cubes of steak. This recipe is super easy to make, and crazy delicious!
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 package Chapagetti (instant jajangmyeon noodles made by Nongshim)
- 1 package Neoguri (instant jjampong noodles made by Nongshim)
- 8 ounces sirloin or rib-eye steak preferably well-marbled, cut into ½-to-¾-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan or medium pot. Add the noodles and vegetable mix from the noodle packets, and boil for about 2 to 3 minutes until barely al dente (it will cook more later). Strain the noodles into a strainer set over a large measuring cup or bowl. Reserve 1 cup of starchy water.
Meanwhile season the cubed beef with salt and pepper. Heat the oil over high heat in a skillet. Add the beef, and sear for about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Remove from the heat.
Return the large saucepan or medium pot used to cook the noodles to medium heat, add the reserved water, the strained noodles/veggies, all the black bean paste seasoning powder from the Chapagetti, ½ (or more to taste--it's spicy!) of the spicy seasoning powder from the Neoguri, and the cooked beef. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes until everything is incorporated and starting to thicken. Remove from the heat and stir in the seasoning oil from the Chapagetti.
Transfer to individual bowls and serve immediately.
Chapagetti + Neoguri = Jjapaguri.
- Chapagetti: noodles and 3 packets (vegetable flakes, black bean paste seasoning powder, seasoning oil)
- Neoguri: noodles and 2 packets (vegetable flakes, spicy seasoning powder)
Calories: 761kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1507mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g